Monday, December 28, 2009

Don't Tell a Soul

Someone once said to me that fears are wishes. To be fearless is to embrace all of your desires, right or wrong. I'm afraid to miscarry. I'm afraid to talk about this.

***

Here's how I treated my body yesterday:

Green tea with 2 probiotic caps
green juice (beet greens, romaine, cucumber, apple, 1/2 lemon, ginger -- not so good), drunk throughout the day
3 prenatal vitamins, spaced throughout the day
Big box o' blueberries
3 ears corn blended with 1/2 avocado
1/2 head celery
arugula salad with tofu, mushroom, zucchini, peppers, sweet potato
some baked fries
some dried apple slices

The nitty gritty: My stomach felt great yesterday -- no gas, easy evacuation. But I'm definitely having squooshing feelings down below. Is this dangerous?

Recommendations: I read Pulling Daisies and a pregnancy nutrition article on Crazy Sexy Life yesterday; both were good, but not really the information I was looking for. I want to know if there's medical evidence that a diet made up of mostly raw fruits and vegetables is enough to sustain gestation.

I also watched this video interview with David Wolfe:



The video is full of medical-ish terminology, but I have trouble believing David Wolfe. He has the resume of a rock-star grocer, not a physician. So I take his recommendations with a grain of salt. How can you prescribe what you sell?

***

Last night, we went to dinner with friends who are 4 1/2 months pregnant. I wanted to talk about all this, but I didn't or couldn't. I need advice, and I can't say a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment