Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back on the Chain Gang

When you work in an office, it's harder to do exactly what you want, when you want. But that may be a good thing.

This week, I've been back at work with a cold. I'm trying to maintain a healthy diet, but I haven't been able to exercise much...which worries me. I'm also going away this weekend to a wedding, so I'm sorry to be traveling and missing my juices and fruit.

Yesterday's choices:

green tea with probiotic cap
4 large green juices with spirulina (drunk throughout the day)
3 vitamin caps, spaced throughout the day
3 small green apples
salad, small raw chili, and curried vegetable wrap (take-out from a raw restaurant!)

Dinner was delicious, but way too big. I was stuffed! So yummy, though.

Recommendations: I read an excellent article on "Risks of Birth Defects." Older mothers do have a higher risk of delivering babies with Down syndrome, which is worrisome. Otherwise, the health of the mother seems to be as important as age.

Coming up: I ordered some books about pregnancy over 35, which may have more information than I can dig up on the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment