Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Measuring Cups

Just got back from my GP, who tells me that my B12 and D levels are low. He recommended:

4 of my DHA softgels per day
3000 units of vitamin D per day (until late spring)
1000 mcg of methylcobalamin (B12) per day

That's in addition to my 3 prenatal vitamins. Yuck! I hate taking so many supplements. I wish doctors would tell me what foods to eat, rather than which pills to take. On the other hand, for vitamin D, b12 and DHA, they'd probably tell me salmon and milk -- which is not what I usually do.

All in all, though, my health is good! My folic acid is off the charts (I'm blushing with pride), cholesterol is low and primarily good cholesterol, no HIV, no illness, and HCG levels suggest that conception happened right after Thanksgiving.

Today's intake:

1 green juice (20 oz)
1 vitamin cap
bosc pear
green apple
banana
bag frozen blueberries (brrrr!)

Now I've just got to hang in until next week's visit with the GYN. 7 days to go, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment